Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Miracles

This week I have been taking time to notice the small miracles that occur daily. I have been amazed at all the beauty and goodness that surrounds me. I've noticed all those small thoughtful acts of kindness generated between the children and people I work with.

I thank Heavenly Father for my huge miracle that happened today. Such a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things, but somehow my car key fell off my key chain the Wal-Mart parking lot tonight not far from my car. I didn't notice it until I was leaving the store and went to unlock my doors with my car key and it wasn't there. Panic hit me. I didn't have a spare key on me, I had no idea where the key fell off, and my puppy was locked in my car (cold night of 40 degrees so nothing life threatening.)

I went back into the store and dug through my purse hoping it had fallen off inside the purse. It wasn't there. I walked up to the greeter and was wondering what to do with my bag of purchased items and where to start retracing my steps and I told him I had lost the key to my car somewhere in the store. He smiled and said one had been turned in not long ago. We went to customer service and thankfully it was my key!

I was soooo grateful to learn that a kind young teenage girl had found it outside in the parking lot and was honest enough to turn it in...all someone had to do was hit the panic button and the lights and alarm would have located the car and someone could have had a nice Toyota Rav4 with an adorable puppy inside....The thought of losing my pup, not the car, was what shook me up. Whew! Close call! I am soooo thankful for all the large and small miracles that we are all blessed with or observe others receiving daily!

No comments: